Saturday 24 March 2012

the boombox on my shoulder is a box of clementines

So we went 'house hunting' yesterday and by house hunting I mean we looked round two houses that I booked viewings for because nobody else had bothered to book any yet. The first one was massive and super nice and a bit of a maze with a decent garden and free parking for Jeff and it's like 15 minutes walk from town and not massively expensive; Triston and I were really keen straight away but Steph and Henry um-ed and ah-ed because for them it's too far away from the centre of town.

So that was okay because I'd booked another house viewing that afternoon which was a lot closer to town although looked a bit grim and standardly student-like. We went to the beach for a bit and then when it was time to go see the second house they both bailed because it was a hot day and they were having fun and drinking rum and couldn't be bothered to walk back into town to see this house.

So. Triston and I went and saw this house which, as I had suspected, was okay but nothing special, not as big as the first house and a bit more expensive. Also the estate agent said it was their policy for all six people to look around before we could secure it, and as Doig's in India for a month that kind of ruled it out straight away.

Phoned up Steph who was a bit drunk, talked about it for a bit and agreed to go for the first house because her and Henry both agreed that it was really beautiful and not too far. She said that she would phone Becky to run the details past her before we 100% confirmed anything, and I said that was fine as long as she let me know that night or today. Emailed the landlord saying we almost certainly wanted to live there and we just needed to talk to one other girl and would let him know by today.

Texted Steph at 10am today reminding her to phone Becky and haven't got any reply. Just tried phoning her and she won't pick up. The landlord also hasn't replied to my last email so now I'm stressing out and just a bit pissed off to be honest. It feels like I'm the only one who actually really cares and wants to get a house soon, cause I'm the only one that's bothered to actually trawl the internet for hours for houses, so I know that there's really hardly anything out there because we've left it so late. Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment