Saturday 25 December 2010

sweet like a candy cane hanging from the tree, I will stripe you red and green

Today has been altogether pretty awesome :)

I received a fair few beautiful gifts; a hip flask from my sister and her boyfriend, speakers for my laptop, a lovely jumper dress, a JULIA NUNES t-shirt and bumper sticker, a gorgeous golden lion necklace - to name a few. But I think my all time favourite gift is from my mother; three beautiful first edition books including Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. I've only read the first four pages and already decided that he's pretty much my favourite contemporary author.

“We laughed and laughed, together and separately, out loud and silently, we were determined to ignore whatever needed to be ignored, to build a new world from nothing if nothing in our world could be salvaged, it was one of the best days of my life, a day during which I lived my life and didn’t think about my life at all.”

1 comment:

  1. Read the History of Love by his wife Nichola Krauss... A-fucking-MAZING!

    xx

    ReplyDelete